- Course Code : CO542
- Course Title : Neural Networks and Fuzzy Systems
- Credits : 3
- Prerequisites : None
- Contact: * Dr Damayanthi Herath; firstname.lastname@example.org
*The course coordinator for 2021
Five minutes introduction to the course: A presentation done to students to help them choose the technical electives.
The aim of this course is to impart a working knowledge of the theory and practice of Artificial Neural Networks and Fuzzy Systems and enable students to use them in designing intelligent systems. The students will learn how to build prototype intelligent systems/solutions in product design, commercial/trade and scientific applications.
Upon completion of the course, students should be able to (aka ILO s):
1. Apply theories and techniques of Artificial Neural Networks and Fuzzy Systems to identify potential applications in real-life product design, commercial/trade and scientific problems.
2. Analyse and formulate the problem for solution using Artificial Neural Networks and Fuzzy Systems.
3. Develop prototype solutions to the formulated problem and validate them.
4. Continue developing their Artificial Neural Networks and Fuzzy Systems skills by keeping abreast with new learning in the area through continuous learning.
Dr Upul Jayasinghe
Dr Damayanthi Herath
Ms Chaturi Attanayake
Mr Arjuna Tennakoon